Monday, June 7, 2010

Adios and Vaya Con Dios

Well, readers, you might have noticed that posts have been pretty sparse around here lately. No original content since early April. My excuse is that I've just been too depressed about the oil spill to write much. But in reality, I've kind of lost the fire for writing blogs at all. I've been manswering questions off and on for over two years now...actually I think my two year manniversary was a couple of weekends ago. At some point along the way, writing new content became more of a chore than something fun that I enjoyed. Along the way I tried to come up with some ideas to get more reader involvement, to maybe take some of the burden off of me. But those ideas always seemed to flame out. I always said if I ever dreaded writing new manswers I'd hang it up. Well, that day has come.

It's been a good ride. I feel like I've accomplished a lot here these past couple of years. We've had some good discussions, a few laughs, and hopefully have learned a few things about being a virtuous man in a decidedly unvirtuous unmanly world. I like to think I'm leaving the internet a little more badical than I found it.

Thanks to all of you for helping make To Every Man a Manswer what it was. Your questions and comments helped keep this thing going, and I'm grateful to all of you for playing along. I thank my God every time I remember you.

I still have my email, so you can still get in touch with me if you have some sort of pressing concern related to general testostery, or if you'd like to discuss spiritual matters. I'll do my best to talk with you on an individual basis. Don't think of this as an Old Yeller type situation, where the blog has gotten rabies and has to be killed. Instead, think of it as a Rocky IV situation, where the blog has defeated communism and has nothing left to do, and if it tried to keep going the blog would be terrible like Rocky V and VI. Better to quit on a high note, I think. So for now, Dr Awesome is riding off into the sunset.

God bless you all.

Dr Awesome

P.S. If you prefer more open endings to things, you can pretend that this is like LOST and we were all dead the whole time.

7 comments:

Ricky Anderson June 7, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

You'll be sorely missed!

Hats off to you, Sir.

Parmvir June 8, 2010 at 1:12 AM  

Dr. Awesome, there will never be one like you again. You truly were the best at what you did. I cannot begin to express how much more manly you have made my life. Your manly teachings and the wit with which you presented them will never be forgotten. I wish you nothing but happiness in rest of your life and may God always be with you!

Cheers!

Svenn June 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Sorry to see you go, and sorry too for not coming through on a guest manswer post (I too just had a child (of the masculine variety), and have been busy taking him on bear hunting trips, ect...you guys know how time consuming that can get if done correctly).

You should know your wit and wisdom were much appreciated. Good luck in your future endeavors, God bless you and your families.

Valerie June 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

Thanks, Dr. Awesome!

Anna June 10, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Goodbye, Dr. Awesome. There was never one awesomer, nor will there ever be again.
I enjoyed this blog for its hilarity and wisdom, so thank you very much for everything you gave it.

Everett June 11, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

It is a sad day for Awesomeness!

James June 22, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

You totally ruined Lost for me!

Thanks for some great laughs.

Enjoy daddy-hood. Being a great daddy is WAY better than being a great humorist blogger.

May the love of Christ dwell in you richly.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP